Today, July 8, 2013 is a momentous occasion for San Diego Travel Group and its divisions. The company celebrates the 50th anniversary of providing exceptional travel service and the 25th anniversary of when current president, Tim Smith, and former partner, Mort Rible, took over El Patio Travel in La Jolla, California.
Tim Smith has had a productive career in the travel industry. From his early days with PSA to his current position as president, Tim has flourished in the industry. His current position as Chairman of the Board at Signature Travel Network has put our company in an advantageous position to have direct access to top vendors and the latest and greatest in travel technology and tools.
The past 25 years have seen many changes in how travel is booked, from paper airline tickets to online booking engines, but one thing that hasn’t changed is the commitment to excellence of the travel experts working for Tim Smith.
As of January 2013, San Diego Travel Group aligned with Frosch in order to have even more technology tools and buying power. The employees and our leader have remained the same.
Our company has several divisions with dedicated employees to serve a variety of travel needs.
- Carefree Vacations– the leisure division of the company focuses on vacations all over the world. Cruises and tour packages are the mainstay with safaris, all-inclusive resorts, honeymoons, destination weddings, and adventure travel gaining in popularity. Our travel experts have been all over the world and know the ins and outs of the destination. With our price-match guarantee you not only get a great price, you get expert travel planning. Four convenient locations in San Diego to serve you.
- GlobalPoint Travel Solutions– the corporate division takes care of business traveler needs around the globe. Air travel, transportation, hotels, and meetings and incentives are their core focus. Notable clients including San Diego Padres, Phoenix Suns, Anthony Robbins and many biotech focused companies.
- Sunshine Travel & Cruise– a division of Carefree Vacations located in the high-end district of Palm Desert. These leisure travel specialists are experts in luxury travel and have, on average, over 30 years of travel planning experience.
- Vacation-Hotline– the internet based leisure division focuses on travel requests that originate from the internet. Unlike other booking engines, we have travel experts servicing internet quote requests.
- World Passports & Visas– this division can expedite your passport and help you with all the necessary forms to visit any country in the world. So well known in the industry, we service other travel agencies passport and visa needs as well as our own clients.
Having worked for San Diego Travel Group nearly six years, I am one of the newer employees. This company is truly a family. The employees take pride in the service they provide and the memories they help create. Providing travel planning is making dreams come true. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank Tim Smith for his vision and commitment to the company when times were tough. I look forward to celebrating many more momentous occasions at this wonderful company.
Other posts by jmcguiganYou can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.