So, how would you like to walk in her shoes – even for one day? Please, girls… who wouldn’t want to?
I’ve got my top ten suggestions and tips for you:
- A girl’s weekend is definitely in order – you know it!
- So…book flights to New York City immediately! Rally your favorite three girlfriends for a long weekend in the Big Apple, and if you do it soon, you’ll still be able to make it to see the Sex and the City movie on the big screen!
- Stay at the fabulous Gansevoort Hotel in the Meatpacking District. The hotel is offering a special package with designer shopping discounts, VIP passes to Provocateur nightclub, and complimentary poolside cosmopolitans at the rooftop pool. This additional package is available now through September 7, 2010, so you can try it out even after the movie’s run in theaters.
- For you die-hard fans – there is a Sex and the City guided tour that lets you follow in the footsteps of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda! You’ll shop where they shopped, drink where they drank, and gossip where they gossiped – and see fabulous places in Manhattan along the way!
- Go shopping – and not just on Fifth Avenue. Head to Greenwich Village, Soho and the Meatpacking District. Buy and mix flea market finds with designer wear and high-end fashions- in unexpected ways, of course!
- Without a doubt, a perfect pedicure is in order. Your feet have to look good to wear those Jimmy Choo’s! Enjoy a full body spa treatment Exhale Spa, located in the Gansevoort Hotel.
- See the Rockettes, or see an Off Broadway Show – did you know it’s where Sarah Jessica Parker gained respect as a stage actor initially?
- Go to Sushi Samba- Richard chooses this restaurant to beg for Samantha’s forgiveness. It’s ultra-trendy and known for its unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine.
- Stop by Scout – the bar owned by Steve and Aidan. Its real name is Onieals in Soho/Little Italy. The bartenders are easy on the eyes and heavy on the liquor.
- No matter where you go out in New York City, make sure you try a Cosmopolitan – Carrie Bradshaw’s drink of choice, of course!
So, as Carrie said, “So what are we going to do? Sit around bars, sipping Cosmos and sleeping with strangers when we’re 80?”
Well, for at least one long weekend, it sounds like a pretty good idea! The travel specialists at Carefree Vacations can take care of your arrangements.
Want more fashion and style vacation ideas?
For Carefree Vacations, Sherry Martin
Learn more about Sherry Martin
Photography by Sherry Martin
Other posts by adminYou can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.