8-Nights Alpine Christmas Markets - Classic Group
Vacation Offer ID 1470255
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist so we may better serve you.
Insight VacationsAlpine Christmas Markets - Classic Group
There is nothing quite like Christmas among the Alps with the festive Munich Christmas Market, Salzburg’s snowcapped spires and an indulgent cup of Glühwein in Innsbruck. Your Local Expert brings Mozart’s history to life ahead of an indulgent Salzburg market tasting, with samples of traditional, hand baked gingerbread. After tasting these festive treats, the culinary delights continue with a traditional Innsbruck dining experience, set against the backdrop of a local Tyrolean folk show. If that is not enough to summon your holiday spirit, a stroll through the medieval cobbled streets of Freiburg will certainly do the trick, not to mention the fairytale surrounds of Strasbourg, where the sweet scent of cinnamon treats is carried on the breeze at the oldest Christmas market in France.
- 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 8 Breakfast (B)
- : Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- : Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- : We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- : From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- : Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- : If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Munich: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Salzburg: At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious gingerbread with a fragrant cup of Glühwein.
- Innsbruck: At a local restaurant, join your newfound friends for Highlight Dinner.
- Black Forest: Indulge in a delightful dinner of local German specialties, accompanied by wine.
- Zürich: The Swiss just love good food and wine, a decorative, well-laden table, and a touch of Grossmünster - all of which you will find at your warm Celebration Dinner.
- : Experience a musical demonstration at Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg.
- Salzburg: Visit the house where Mozart was born in 1756. Enjoy a pianoforte demonstration and examine letters, memorabilia, and musical instruments of the great composer, plus a fascinating collection of portraits.
- Munich: During your orientation of the city with your Travel Director, see Feldherrnhalle in the Odeonsplatz, the Palace of the Dukes of Wittelsbach, the English Garden, the Hofbräuhaus, St. Peter's Church and the famous Marienplatz.
- Salzburg: With a Local Expert, see Mozart's family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral. You'll also view the Hohensalzburg fortress and see Residenz Fountain when you spend some time in the Old Town.
- Innsbruck: Meet your coachman and enjoy a delightful horse-drawn carriage ride, surrounded by the mountains and valleys of Tyrol.
- Lorrach: Explore the town located on the borders of Germany, France and Switzerland and see the ruins of Rotteln Castle.
- Lindau: Your Travel Director takes you to the Harbor and Old City Hall. Walk the medieval streets of this island-town and browse the shops on Maximillium Strasse.
- Freiburg im Breisgau: Enjoy a romantic walk through the medieval cobbled streets of Freiburg and soak in the magic of its Christmas Markets. See the medieval Münster and spend time in the historic old quarter.
- Strasbourg: Exploring the Christmas Markets is like stepping directly into a fairytale, where glittering lights and the scent of cinnamon enchant your senses. Here you visit France's oldest Christmas Markets, set in front of the Cathedral. Spend time in the atmospheric neighborhood of La Petite France.
- Zürich: Attend Europe's biggest indoor Christmas Market with its magnificent Swarovski crystal-decorated Christmas tree.
- Zürich: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Grossmünster, Fraumünster and elegant Bahnhofstrasse.
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
Valid Date Ranges
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space.
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.