Travel2Discover South Australia’s cosmopolitan coastal capital, Adelaide. Its ring of parkland on the River Torrens is home to renowned museums such as the Art Gallery of South Australia. Explore the town of Coober Pedy, who in a bid to avoid the heat have built a majorityof the town underground. Visit underground houses, cafes and churches, and stay in underground hotels. Admire the lunar-like landscape, which has been the backdrop for many movies, including Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Coober Pedy is also known as the Opal Capital of the World, and there are plenty of opportunities to purchase the pretty gemstones – or even find your own!
- 4 nights Adelaide, Majestic Roof Garden Hotel in a Classic Room accommodations
- 2 nights Outback Coober Pedy Experience Includes:
- 2 nights Accommodation at Desert Cave Hotel in a Standard Room
- Painted Desert Day Tour
- Private McLaren Vale Food & Wine Day Tour - Visit wineries such as Samuels Gorge, d'Arenberg winery (See the famous d'Arenburg Cube!), Wirra Wirra and more boutique wineries.
- Private Barossa Food & Wine Experience Day Tour - Travel through the city of Adelaide northwards to the world renowned Barossa wine region. Enjoy the change of scenery as you make your way into the vineyards of South Australia's premium wine region.
- Round trip private airport transfers in Adelaide and Coober Pedy
- Emergency Travel Assistance (available 24 hours)
Five ways to immerse yourself in Adelaide:
1. Hit the eat streets
2. Feel green and serene in Adelaide's parks
3. Head for the coast
4. Soak up Aboriginal and European heritage
5. Escape to the hills
Coober Pedy150 million years ago, Coober Pedy was once covered in ocean and for thousands of years, Australia's Aboriginals walked this area. It wasn't until January of 1915 when 3 foreign men made a discovery - Opal! Though it wasn't exactly what they were looking for which was gold, Coober Pedy became an opal field was pegged the 'Opal capital of the world.'