The grand, glamourous, unabashedly luxurious safaris favoured by princes and princesses, potentates, plutocrats, and ex-presidents (Teddy Roosevelt’s epic 1909 safari was one of the first of its sumptuous kind) are central to East Africa’s heritage as one of the world’s most desired destinations. This Grand Safari is Micato’s homage to those old and romantic days, to their indulgent and exquisite grace.
The Micato Grand Safari’s six flights make travel between game preserves and luxury camps a seamless, time-saving joy. And our stays in places like the airy Tortilis Camp in Amboseli; Bateleur or Governor’s Il Moran camps in the Maasai Mara; the charmingly luxe Four Seasons Safari Lodge in the Serengeti; and, of course, the Lewa Safari Camp bring us into close and comfortable contact with some of Africa’s richest game lands and most stirring landscapes.
- Luxury accommodations
- All meals, including a welcome meal at the private home of Micato founders Felix and Jane Pinto
- Regional wine and beer at mealtimes, vehicles stocked with soft drinks and bottled water
- Spectacular hot air balloon safari followed by a champagne breakfast upon descent
- A highly-credentialed Micato Safari Director and Driver-Guide during your journey
- 24/7 Concierge Team poised to meet last minute, unexpected, and unusual requests
- Every last gratuity, even substantial ones to Safari Directors, Driver-Guides, waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your safari
- Daily valet laundry service. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury!
- Complimentary in-vehicle Wi-Fi as well as free Wi-Fi wherever else it exists on safari, including camps and lodges
- All airport transfers, game park, national park, and conservancy fees
- Sublime safari swag! Bush hats, specially designed Micato Safaris duffels, luggage tags, document wallets, flashlights, and more
- For every safari sold, Micato sends an African child to school