Bay of Fundy
Explore Atlantic Canada’s undiscovered coastline on this one-of-a-kind AdventureWomen journey to the Bay of Fundy and New Brunswick, Canada in August 2018. Explore this breathtakingly beautiful landscape by land, on water, and across the ocean floor.
Marvel at the highest tidal range in the world while you walk right across the ocean floor at low tide! After hiking to an iconic lighthouse, kayak around the Fundy Isles Archipelago and feel how strong the Bay of Fundy tides are. You’ll stay at charming turn-of-the-century cottages flanking the summer home of the late president Franklin D. Roosevelt and First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt on Campobello Island. Enjoy the stunning views and the unspoiled natural feel of the island. You’ll experience the vibrant sea life of the Bay of Fundy, which compares only to the Amazon in South America in terms of its extensive marine biodiversity. Go whale watching then hike through the UNESCO Fundy Biosphere Reserve and the longest stretch of wilderness coastline on the eastern seaboard. This Bay of Fundy adventure vacation will allow you to discover one of the few wild places left on the Atlantic seaboard!
- Experience the highest and lowest tides in the world at the Bay of Fundy
- Hike in the UNESCO Fundy Biosphere Reserve, seeing waterfalls, beaches, and “flowerpot rocks” along the way
- Explore the Fundy Isles by sea kayak
- Go on a whale watching excursion around Campobello Island
- Explore the historic town of Saint Andrews by-the-Sea, one of the best-preserved examples of North American colonial heritage
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
Arrive Saint John, New Brunswick Canada: August 15
Depart Saint John, New Brunswick Canada: August 21
To book your trip or speak to a Carefree Travel Expert