Ireland, known affectionately as the “the Emerald Isle” is renowned for its excellent hospitality and you can be assured of a warm welcome by your guide and driver, who will meet you at the port. Discover the history, literary heritage and culture that lies behind Dublin’s elegant Georgian architecture and famous landmarks, during your full-day tour.
Founded in the 16th-century, Trinity College is Ireland's oldest university and holds the Book of Kells, a greatly treasured example of early Irish manuscript illumination. History lovers may opt to visit the nearby Treasury of the National Museum or EPIC - the interactive museum commemorating the emigration of 10 million Irish. For those interested in art, the National Gallery houses a superb collection.
Afterwards make a lunchtime pit stop at the Guinness Storehouse, where you learn how a pint of the world-famous Guinness is created. The heart of the building is modelled on a giant pint glass, which would hold approximately 14 million pints of Guinness beer if filled! Enjoy a complimentary pint of Guinness in the Gravity Bar, which boast 360-degree views of the capital.
Complete your touring this afternoon, with a visit to St. Patrick's Cathedral, the largest church in Ireland and final resting place of Jonathan Swift, author of Gulliver's Travels. Here, take a guided tour of the impressive staterooms which are a longtime symbol of British rule in Ireland, before being transferred back to your ship.
- Admire the grandeur of St Patrick's Cathedral, the largest church in Ireland and final resting place of Jonathan Swift, author of Gulliver's Travels
- Pour yourself a pint of Ireland’s finest at the Guinness Storehouse to discover the country’s most famous export
Tour Duration: 8 hours
Wheelchair Accessible: Please enquire for more information
Physical Activity Level: Light
- Private transport by Mercedes E-class or similar for 1 and 2 passengers, VW Caravelle (7 passenger seats) or similar for 3 and 4 passengers and 12-seater or similar for 5 and 6 passengers.
- Expert local guide for 8 hours of sightseeing in Dublin
- Entrance fees to all sights and museums
- All taxes
- All cruise travel, personal items, meals and associated costs
- Supplement for public holidays
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the "inclusions" list above