Take a day trip to Miyajima to explore the Island’s main sights. You’ll see Itsukushima Shrine and its famous ‘Floating’ Torii, the 5 Tier Pagoda and Daisho-in Temple. Cable car (or hike) to the peak of Mt Misen for stunning views across the island studded Inland Sea.
- Visit Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site, which at high tide appears to float above the water and famous in particular for its 'Floating Torii Gate'
- See Daisho-in, one of the most important temples of Shingon Buddhism. Housing many statues, buildings and religious artefacts for visitors to admire, it has even been visited by the Dalai Lama in 2006 for its 1200 year anniversary.
- Enjoy spectacular views from the summit of Mt. Misen. Either hike the 1.5 hour trail from Daisho-in, or catch the ropeway, both having lovely views of the surrounding forest. You may even meet some of the local wild monkeys. On a clear day, you might even be able to see Hiroshima from the top!
- Meet Miyajima's local deer, traditionally believed to be the messengers of the gods. They are fairly tame and friendly and will happily approach if they think you have food.
- Be escorted by professional, registered local guides with an expert knowledge of Miyajima island
Duration: 8 hours
Tour can operate: Full day
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Physical Activity Level: Moderate
Included: Transport for the day (local transport or taxis); privately guided tour; entrance fees;; pick up and drop off in Miyajima (central area)
*We can also arrange a private car and driver instead of trains at a supplement.
**We can also arrange pick up and drop off from Hiroshima at a supplement
Not included: Meals