Journey to Morocco in March 2018 for an authentic, cultural experience in this land of contrasts. With its roots in Africa and close ties and proximity to Europe, Morocco has a colorful culture expressed in unique architecture, textiles, music, and cuisine.
Start your AdventureWomen trip on the Atlantic coast and discover modern Morocco in Casablanca before heading north to the charming blue town of Chefchaouen in the Rif Mountains. You will be enchanted by this sleepy town with narrow, winding streets and lanes, and houses painted in a vibrant blue. Continue your exploration of Morocco in the medieval city of Fes, which will give you a glimpse into life as it was centuries ago, with a mix of Moorish, Jewish, Berber, and Arab cultures. As you travel across the Sahara desert on camels and spend the night in a luxurious tented camp, you will ride through stunning desert scenery, punctuated with green oases and deep gorges. Round out your Morocco adventure in the colorful city of Marrakech, where you will visit historical monuments and explore packed souks and the vibrant Medina, experiencing Moroccan culture alongside the locals.
- Spend time with artists at a women’s textile cooperative in Sefrou
- Ride a camel in the Sahara Desert to a luxurious tented camp
- Enjoy a morning with the Berbers; learn the village social structure and local agriculture while making traditional tea
- Explore the labyrinth of the Fes Medina, meeting local craftspeople and enjoying local cuisine
- Visit Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, a striking example of southern Moroccan architecture, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Single room: Available, but limited (additional cost applies)
Activity Level: Moderate
Arrive Casablanca, Morocco: March 18
Depart Marrakech, Morocco: March 30
To book your trip or speak to a Carefree Travel Expert